Business Only - SHOUP, ID
During the gold rush days prospectors discovered major gold deposits in the area and by 1882 the town was founded and a post office was established. The town was named for George L. Shoup the first governor of Idaho. Operations of the area mines were shut down during World War II. Over the years the area became one of the most popular outdoor recreation areas in the West. The area is famous for hunting, fishing, hiking, trail riding and white water rafting. Shoup's buildings have been consolidated under one ownership which are now offered for sale. Although off the power grid, the sale includes a Pelton water wheel electrical system that serves all the buildings. There is phone service and the buildings have propane heat. There are 13 historic structures on the property. The property offered consists of 1.5 acres located on lands of the USFS. Buyer must apply for a special use permit from the USFS to continue business operation. The buildings include two rental cabins, the former school house which will accommodate large groups, the main store that has area for a cafe, sporting goods, and general merchandise. No ownership of public land is conveyed. Instructions for applying for the permit will be sent upon request.
Would you like more information regarding this property?
Please call (208) 756-4159.
Data Provided by:
Snake River Regional Multiple Listing Service