How does a real estate agent assist in the closing?
Your real estate broker will help in more than just the marketing and listing of your home. When home buyers start showing interest, your broker will help you make the final sale. According to the National Association of Realtors, a broker will perform the following steps when you start getting offers.
- Your real estate broker will receive and review all offers and will counsel you on the merits and weaknesses of each offer.
- He or she will contact the buyer’s agent to review the buyer’s qualifications and to discuss the offer.
- The broker will negotiate all offers on your behalf and will set time limits for loan approval and the closing date.
- Your broker will handle all the paperwork associated with closing the sale.
- Your broker will schedule the appraisal and will follow up on the appraisal.
- He or she will also schedule the home inspection.
- The broker will coordinate the final closing process and will handle all the paperwork.