Multi-Use Building - Dandridge, TN
The Gass Building is within the Dandridge Historic District and is both contributing structure to the Historic District and should be individually eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The front section of the building was constructed in Ca. 1823, with the two pre-Civil War two-story additions and a ca. 1900 shed addition to the rear. The building was purchased but the Gass family, who opened their store in the building in 1896. The Gass Store was continuously operated as a general store until it closed in 1983. The building remained closed until it was purchased by Dandridge Historic Properties in 2003. Signifigant architectural elements such as the original floors and interior walls in the oldest sections of the building both upstairs and down have survived. The first floor has 2,977 sq feet with an additional 1,397 sq feet on the second floor. A successful restaurant that is 1 yr into a 3 yr lease occupies first floor, while a popular craft shop 3 months into a 3 yr lease is on the second. The structure was completely renovated in 2005 with new electrical, plumbing, and hvac systems. The HVAC systems have been continually upgraded since that time and have been well maintained. There is a monitored sprinkler system through out the building. The Gass Building is an opportunity to own a bit of history in the historic Town of Dandridge, which is recognized as being the 2nd oldest town in TN. The value of this building will continue to increase as heritage tourism continues to bring visitors to the town.
Data Provided by Lakeway Area Association of RealtorsMore Information for this listing